Friday, February 15, 2013

hola de buenos aires

i have made it  buenos aires.  i realize that i never  from brazil!!!  i will post about that sometime but  i am on my kindle fire now and it is difficult to use touchscreen so i want o make his short.   I'm not sure how you all use your phones... i am missing the keyboard on my blackberry.  i thought this would convince me t touchscreen is the way to go but so far no....

anyway... i have officially stayed in my first hostel.  in all my years of traveling i have never stayed in one.  now that i'm 35 i stay in one.  people staying here seem to do their own thing.  i decided to stay in a private room so maybe that is why.  but it is fine.  there is a dog that likes to bark early in the morning but besides that all is okay.

yesterday i walked around the city.  it is nice here.  i like the vibe it has.  some older english couple  stopped me yesterday and asked me how to get to the river.  they were surprised  find out that i didnt live here.  not  why...  the conversation was in english.  i also posted to the site couchsurfing.org to see if i could get any recommendations for tango  wine tastings.  a girl from mexico responded about a good tango class at 9 so we ended up meeting up and going together.  it was cool but of course the walk to the corner of where we were meeting started to get me nervous.  but she was cool and we are planning on getting together Sunday for the san telmo market.  i didnt get in until 2am.  i am very tired.  i am also joining a couchsurfing group tonight for locals who want to improve their english.  i hope it is fun. and i hope to  practice spanish.

the cut on my foot is doing better but i need more bandaids.  alright... this touchscreen is driving me nuts.  hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment