Monday, March 10, 2014

Malaysia air flight

I can't seem to peel myself away from this story.  I'm so deeply saddened by it... more than any other plane crash or disappearance story.  Maybe because I'm traveling now or maybe because I'm here.... and left from that same airport the very next morning on Malaysia air?  I don't know.

And the fact that there are still not any answers three days later... just scary.  Honestly. .. what could have happened?  It really makes me wonder.  I'm hoping that the two people flying on stolen passports just wanted to flee the country and not an act of terrorism.  Being from the states, of course that was my initial reaction.  Or maybe it is terrorism, they somehow turned off the radar and landed the plane in a remote area and holding everyone hostage for some reason.  Although not wanted, at least people would still have their lives.

These are the thoughts going through my head.  Maybe I'm crazy.  I mean, I know I am, but... this whole thing just seems bizarre.

Kuala Lumpur international airport was fairly calm the next day.  Strange, but good.  No need to cause any more disruptions.  It was like any other day.  On my flight from KL to Yangon there were two people who checked in but didn't fly on the plane so we needed to wait while the airline got their bags off.  My thoughts during that mention of information?  What if this plane was meant to be part of another mystery plane and the two people also were flying on stolen passports.

Paranoid much?

But that's how my mind has worked with this story.  It's all just weird to me.  I mean... three days and no trace of the plane.  Yes air France took five days but the oceans are way deeper there.  Perhaps the areas they are checking.g aren't wide enough.  They said about 7.5 hours of fuel left at the time of the last radar point.  To me, that means that plane could be anywhere in that circle..... not just on that path.  I'm sure they're looking all around but how can they not find anything?

If I'm thinking about it this much I can't even begin to imagine what the families are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment