Tuesday, October 22, 2013

happenings....

I always feel like I want to blog when I'm not in WiFi zone and then when I am the desire fades. So far WiFi has been fairly widespread and much easier to connect on my kindle than my phone. Not sure why but it takes forever just to pull up the dialog box to enter the password.  Have been trying for 20mins and it's still not pulling up on my phone. So kindle it is.  No whatsapp.  :( which I have become addicted to. Just easy to keep in touch that way.  But anyway....

So yeah.  Southeast Asia.  So far a whole different experience than south america. Not in a bad way. It's more about guesthouses and homestays here in Bali than hostels.  Relatively cheap - $12-18/ night for a double bed, ensuite bathroom and terrace.  But somehow part of me misses the sharing a room with other travelers. I know.... call me crazy but I do miss parts of it.

Currently in ubud on the island of Bali in Indonesia.  If that sounds like a familiar place without knowing much about Indonesia or Bali it may be from eat, pray, love. It was her last stop. I feel like it has changed immensely since then. Still full of culture with the temples and art but there is also a crocs, polo, and Pandora store. Not to mention a Starbucks.   I kinda feel like I got here five years too late to really get into the culture of ubud.  But I also just got here so I can't judge.

Attended my first (hopefully of several) full moon parties.  I celebrated on the beach on the island of gili trawangan.  It was fun to go to but the difference wasn't super amazing and the people I was with also weren't feeling it so I ended up leaving around 4.  There were poi spinners (fire) which was cool to see. I'm always amazed by that because it is pretty tricky and people make it look so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment