Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm home

But not in the sense that you are probably thinking.  I'm in Singapore but I feel as though I'm at home. I started feeling this way when I was leaving Zurich and was not nervous at all.  I was comfortable.  Completely. I managed to secure a couch to surf (which is where I am now) in Singapore from a nice girl who grew up in Brazil. She's lived here for two months so is excited to explore the city as well.

Europe was super. So amazing to see seven of my friends again. It really was special. Two weeks, three countries, four cities, and seven friends. How lucky am I?  Don't ask me to count the beers... Oktoberfest put a bit of a dent in that.  And Vanessa (my host) invited me to Oktoberfest in Singapore. I hope my liver is ready for it!

I got here yesterday so not much to report.  Immigration was long... But I got another stamp! Yippee!  And managed the metro station okay.  The trains are really nice and clean.  They run smooth and often. There was a really bad rainstorm last night. Vanessa had dinner plans. I just stayed here because I was tired.  I LOVE the travel world.  This girl I JUST met was okay with me staying in her house for a couple hours alone.  With all the scary stuff we see on the news... we do have to remind ourselves that there are still compassionate people in the world and to not be scared of everything.  It's amazing what people will show you and open up to.

I should try to fall back to sleep... It's currently 140 in the morning on the 11th.  I think I'm exactly 12 hours ahead of Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment